Benefits Of Fire Warden Training In Adelaide
The fire warden can be the difference between saved lives and a terrible disaster. If your location does not have a fire warden, it is essential for you to create a fire emergency control organisation (ECO) and appoint fire wardens before a fire occurs. If your location already has fire wardens, are you sure that they are adequately trained? Are there enough fire wardens to handle a large emergency? Are you in complete compliance for fire warden training Adelaide locations requirements?
There are several key responsibilities for fire wardens:
- Ability to identify and react quickly to a fire emergency
- Wear easily identifiable clothing such as hats or vests
- Coordinate their assigned areas for a building evacuation
- Know the appropriate escape routes and locations to convene
- Understand how to account for all persons within their responsibility
- Keep calm and order during a fire emergency
- Willing to receive updated training on a regular basis
- Coordinate evacuation drills on schedule
- Assist the fire brigade if needed to identify problem areas or urgent situations
Some of the items covered for fire warden training Adelaide area locations need include: Fire warden authority during an emergency:
- Identifying fire safety equipment and using it when necessary
- Thorough training on fire safety equipment use
- Identifying exit signs and evacuation routes for staff and occupants
- Understanding that life takes precedent over property or assets
- How to trigger alarms and contacting the fire brigade when needed
- Knowing the scale of an emergency – it could be localised to one small area such as a kitchen or it could grow rapidly to engulf an entire building
- Learning the potential causes of fire including sparks, grease, oil, chemicals, gas leaks, accidents, and any open flame
- React to non-fire emergencies when an evacuation is needed such as structure failure, riots or armed intruders, floods, medical issues or bomb threats
When a fire emergency happens, people can become confused and disoriented very quickly. Fire warden training Adelaide locations need will help the fire warden to react quickly, take charge, and wear easily identifiable clothing such as the fire warden hats or vests so that persons know who can direct them to safety. Without fire warden training Adelaide businesses can be in jeopardy, and lives can be at a much greater risk. The Australian Standards mandate that fire wardens should be trained and ready to respond in fire emergencies.
Fire Safe Services is your one stop partner to help with fire warden training as well as assembling your ECO. Contact Fire Safe Services to learn more on the training, how many wardens are needed, and how often the sessions should occur. Learn more about Fire Warden Training of Fire Safe Services.